We\’re very proud to partner with Pittsburgh Cares and Google Pittsburgh to provide a workshop for area nonprofits on Social Media Security. As social media networking grows evermore popular, it\’s important for organizations to understand how to keep information private, and how to teach employees the best way to leverage social media for the organization.
There will be 2 workshops offered during the conference, which takes place on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 10:30 am.
Social Media Security
The following topics, as they relate the the 3 major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+), will be discussed:
- Facebook security and privacy settings
- Twitter security and privacy settings
- Google + security and privacy settings
- Keeping organizational information private
- Keeping employee information private
- How to find a list of applications which can access your information
- Individual, private, and public sharing options on each social media network
- Social media policies for nonprofits
When finished, you\’ll have a thorough understanding of your privacy and security options on each social media network, and a guide for creating your own social media policy for your organization as a guideline for employee usage.
Advanced Social Media Techniques
The second discussion group will be learning and discussing advanced user techniques for all major social media platforms.
These user techniques will include:
- Customizing dashboards, feeds
- Creating multiple users
- Tagging, Hashtagging, RTs and @replies
- Integration across Social Media channels
- Impactful Visuals
- Q&A, Hands-on learning
Upon completion, you will have the tools and a suggested roadmap for building your audience with these techniques.
Registration for this workshop is only available for the staff of Pittsburgh nonprofit organizations.
This workshop series is hosted by Google Pittsburgh and HandsOn Tech Pittsburgh.
You can register for the event through FACEBOOK or EVENTBRITE.
To find out more about becoming a Pittsburgh Cares nonprofit partner, please visit www.pittsburghcares.org.