We are so very honored to work with Just Harvest in launching its new website this week, which you can find at www.JustHarvest.org.
Just Harvest is an organization that educates, empowers, and mobilizes people to eliminate hunger, poverty, and economic injustice. They do that through community education, research, influencing public policy, advocacy and connecting Pittsburgh citizens to public benefits.
But Just Harvest is more than a pretty mission statement. They are, at the same time, a think tank and a catalyst for change. Everything they do is centered around five core values:
- Everyone has a fundamental right to food. Hunger is unacceptable.
- All people, regardless of their economic circumstances, are entitled to dignity, rights, and a voice in policies that affect them.
- Hunger is political, and to end it requires collective political will.
- Sound public policy that promotes economic justice is the first and best line of defense against hunger and poverty.
- Just Harvest constituents’ perspectives shape the organization’s approach to addressing policy issues and providing services.
Much of Just Harvest’s work involves advocacy around policy, but you don’t need a mind for politics to engage with the organization or the people it helps. Just Harvest works with volunteers of all skills sets and education levels, both in the office and out in the field. They accept donations from the public and grants from foundations, local and abroad. Their work helps the neediest of our citizens.
Take a moment and visit the Just Harvest Website, and I encourage you to make a donation to this vital organization and mainstay of the local Pittsburgh nonprofit community.
If JustHarvest.org has helped you or someone you know, please share your story in a comment here.
Latest posts by Craig Grella (see all)
- The Tools We Used to Help a Nonprofit Collect Donations of $465,193 in One Day - July 1, 2015
- Turn Off Ads on YouTube Videos - June 26, 2015
- How to Create a Facebook Ad for Your Facebook Page - June 23, 2015